Skip to main content

Ring around the Rosie Vest with Bernat Pop yarn

I was so excited to find the Bernat Pop yarn in my local Walmart. I live in a super small town and we never get any of the good stuff. When I saw it I had to refrain from buying some in every color combo. The first thing I thought to make was one of the Mandala style vest that I have seen recently. 
I used this pattern by The Lavender Chair. It was a simple pattern and worked up quickly. It took almost 2 cakes of the Bernat Pop yarn. So for less than $10 I got this awesome new vest that I have gotten so many compliments on...


I know my picture taking skills leave a lot to be desired but you get the general idea of how it looks and how it turned out. 
I can't wait to try it in different colors. 
I went to a neighboring town this past weekend and found some of the Mandala Yarn. I may try this vest in that yarn or I am thinking this tank top or summer shirt would be nice.... Stay tuned to see which one I pick. 
What have you made with your Bernat Pop or Mandala Yarn? I would love to see some of your creations and some ideas for my next project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet plastic bag holder w/ free pattern

I have recently become hooked on making Crochet shopping bag holders. I think most us us have a drawer or a cabinet full of those plastic shopping bags. I would get so aggravated when I open my cabinet and bags start to fall out. So I got to thinking I have ton or yarn why not make something to contain all of these bags. Then I set out to  Pinterest on a mission to find a pattern to make my own. my favorite that I have found so far is by  crochet it creations . I followed the pattern until the end where decided to make it all one piece instead of making the top separate an sewing it on. I did the last row in Triple Crochet an made a chain of around 60 and threaded it through the top like a draw string an then joined it to the beginning to make a loop to hang it with. Find pattern  here I as able to get 3 total out of one skein of Super Saver Ombre. Only 2 were pictured because someone wanted the first one as soon as I finished it! This one is made from that Walmart  Mainsta

Ninja Turtle Crochet pattern

It has been awhile since my last post and I think I am well over due for a FREE PATTERN!!  In 2013 by far hands down my most popular hat was the "Ninja Turtle". I couldn't make them fast enough! It seemed that everyone wanted one and in every size from newborn to adult. I used my favorite basic hat pattern that is my go to foundation for most all of my hats. If you don't have a favorite hat pattern you can find some really great ones on Etsy. The one I use is a simple double crochet beanie hat pattern. Now for the fun pat.... How do I make go from a basic beanie to a Ninja Turtle? Well it is actually quite simple... First I make the first few rows of the hat in a kinda sage green (like a turtle) then I put a strip of about 4 rows in what ever color the customer wanted depending on which Turtle they wanted it to be. For example I would use red, blue, orange, or purple. After completing the 4 color rows (that make the "eye mask") I do 4 more rows of green.

Best Ever Crochet Hat/Beanie Pattern!!

After many request for a hat pattern I decided to come up with my "favorite" which is a combination or patterns I have used over the years and taken my favorite parts from to make "the best ever crochet hat pattern"!! With every pattern I ever tried it seemed that each hat was to short, too long, too big, to small... blah blah blah... For years I have been making beanie hats and adding faces to them and such for gifts, photo props, and everything in-between. After spending money on many patterns and much trial and error I finally came up with the perfect pattern. I have been making it from memory forever, it seems like, but I figured with so many request I should try to put it on paper and share it with everyone. So here goes... I will start with a toddler /small child size since that seems to be the most popular.  With this pattern I used an "I" hook and Worsted Weight yarn. Hobby Lobby's "I Love this Yarn" and Redheart's "With