Skip to main content

Easy Peasy Stylish Crochet Vest Pattern

Easy Peasy Stylish Crochet Vest Pattern

Hello Everyone! I hope that you had a wonderful CHRISTmas! I know I did. I ate way to much but I already knew that was going to happen! The holidays just wouldn't be the same if my clothes fit right afterwards! 
In the spirit of the holidays I thought it was a perfect time to offer a new free pattern and something for us to make for ourselves after making something for everyone else & plus it is good to cover up where your clothes may not fit like they did before the holidays! 

close up of the front

close up of back


full view of the front


 I made this with Lionbrand Homespun yarn in Gemstone and an L (8mm) hook. Gauge is not really important in this pattern because you are making it to custom fit you. One of the beauties of this pattern is it is made in one piece and you can hold it up to you and try it on are you are making it to make sure it fits! It is so warm and cozy you will want one in every color for every outfit. 


Easy Peasy Stylish Crochet Vest

3 skeins of lionbrand Homespun yarn
L (8mm) hook

Chain 44 ( or how ever many to make it the length you want).
Row 1: Single crochet in the 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across. Chain 1, turn
Row 2: single crochet in each stitch across.
Continue row 2 until you reach 12” across.

Once you have reached 12” across you will chain 1 & turn and start the arm hole. Single crochet in the frist 7 stitches. Chain 20. Skip 20 stitches and then crochet in each stitch to the end of the row. Chain 1, & turn.

Now to make the back just continue row 2 until it has reached 16” across (or how ever wide you want it to be)
When it is as wide as you would like for the back to be you will do another armhole just like the first one but single crocheting in the first 7 stitches. Chain 20. Skip 20 stitches and then crochet in each stitch to the end of the row. Chain 1, & turn.

Now continue to repeat row 2 & single crochet in each stitch, chain 1 & turn until you reach 12' across.


Finish off & try on your new vest.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Hope you enjoy your new vest!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet plastic bag holder w/ free pattern

I have recently become hooked on making Crochet shopping bag holders. I think most us us have a drawer or a cabinet full of those plastic shopping bags. I would get so aggravated when I open my cabinet and bags start to fall out. So I got to thinking I have ton or yarn why not make something to contain all of these bags. Then I set out to  Pinterest on a mission to find a pattern to make my own. my favorite that I have found so far is by  crochet it creations . I followed the pattern until the end where decided to make it all one piece instead of making the top separate an sewing it on. I did the last row in Triple Crochet an made a chain of around 60 and threaded it through the top like a draw string an then joined it to the beginning to make a loop to hang it with. Find pattern  here I as able to get 3 total out of one skein of Super Saver Ombre. Only 2 were pictured because someone wanted the first one as soon as I finished it! This one is made from that Walmart  Mainsta

Ninja Turtle Crochet pattern

It has been awhile since my last post and I think I am well over due for a FREE PATTERN!!  In 2013 by far hands down my most popular hat was the "Ninja Turtle". I couldn't make them fast enough! It seemed that everyone wanted one and in every size from newborn to adult. I used my favorite basic hat pattern that is my go to foundation for most all of my hats. If you don't have a favorite hat pattern you can find some really great ones on Etsy. The one I use is a simple double crochet beanie hat pattern. Now for the fun pat.... How do I make go from a basic beanie to a Ninja Turtle? Well it is actually quite simple... First I make the first few rows of the hat in a kinda sage green (like a turtle) then I put a strip of about 4 rows in what ever color the customer wanted depending on which Turtle they wanted it to be. For example I would use red, blue, orange, or purple. After completing the 4 color rows (that make the "eye mask") I do 4 more rows of green.

Best Ever Crochet Hat/Beanie Pattern!!

After many request for a hat pattern I decided to come up with my "favorite" which is a combination or patterns I have used over the years and taken my favorite parts from to make "the best ever crochet hat pattern"!! With every pattern I ever tried it seemed that each hat was to short, too long, too big, to small... blah blah blah... For years I have been making beanie hats and adding faces to them and such for gifts, photo props, and everything in-between. After spending money on many patterns and much trial and error I finally came up with the perfect pattern. I have been making it from memory forever, it seems like, but I figured with so many request I should try to put it on paper and share it with everyone. So here goes... I will start with a toddler /small child size since that seems to be the most popular.  With this pattern I used an "I" hook and Worsted Weight yarn. Hobby Lobby's "I Love this Yarn" and Redheart's "With