Ok.. I am new to writing patterns so bare with me... I am going to give this my best first attempt... Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
This is done with a plastic I hook and worsted weight yarn. ( I used "I LOVE THIS YARN" by Hobby Lobby).
1. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each sc across, Ch 2 and turn
2. Dc in each sc across, ch 1, turn
3. sc in each sc across, turn
4. sl st in next 10 sts, ch1, hdc in the same st and in the next 25 sts, leave remaining sts unworked, ch1, turn
5. hdc in each sts across, ch 1, turn
6. hdc first 2 sts together, hdc across until only 2 sts remaining, hdc last 2 sts together, ch1, turn
7. hdc across
8. repeat row 6
9. hdc across
10. repeat row 6
11. hdc across
12. hdc across
13 & 14. repeat row 6
15. hdc across
16-27. hdc across
28. hdc across * at the end of this row sc evenly around complete outside, join with sl st and fasten off.
Sew a button in middle of diaper cover and button in row two that was done in DC.
This makes a newborn size diaper cover. Let me know if you need any help or have questions. FYI I tend to crochet a little on the tighter side so it may be necessary to adjust your hook size. The finished cover should measure around 11" across the waist band. Idea* two buttons could be added to make it more adjustable.